[CentOS] Need help in securing maildir so that rootusershouldnot able to read anyother user's mail

Tue Mar 20 18:25:34 UTC 2007
Les Mikesell <lesmikesell at gmail.com>

Matthew Miller wrote:
>>> I can't test now; I don't have a local CentOS system, but I don't
>>> remember ever needing a password to get into single mode on any Linux
>>> system.  Am I right, or is my brain falling apart?
>> I could be confused.  I jump back and forth between Linux, Solaris,
>> and HP/UX.
>
> Default is no password, but you *should* set a grub password.

Which means that someone has to go to all the bother of booting an
install CD in rescue mode to get access without the password.  Or if you
set a bios password, you have to pull the drive and move to a different
box - or use the motherboard jumper to clear the bios settings.  If you
don't have physical security you don't get much from the extra password
layers.

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com