[CentOS] Re: centos 4.4 dns problem -

Wed Mar 21 01:19:53 UTC 2007
Ty R. McMichael <ty_mcmichael at po.cfec.state.ak.us>

On Tue, 2007-03-20 at 20:56 -0400, Bob Goodwin wrote:
> Edward Milstein wrote:

> >> That must be the problem.
> >>
> >> /etc/resolv.conf  has one line -
> >>
> >> nameserver 12.189.32.61
> >>
> >> I don't know how to get the key?
> >
> > The two files, /etc/rndc.conf and /etc/rndc.key must agree...
> >
> > The relevant lines are
> >
> > -> key     "rndckey";
> >
> > -ed-
> Can I just copy/paste between the files to make them the same?
>
> Bob

If by cut and paste, you mean the include line that specifies the key
location, then I suppose so.  Better option is to view the files in a
text editor, find the line that looks like this 'include
"/etc/rndc.key";'.  That line should point to the same place in both the
named.conf and rndc.conf.  Also, make sure you actually have an rndc.key
file in the directory specified.