[CentOS] Will Firefox 2.X be included/supported in CentOS 5?

Wed Mar 21 17:08:37 UTC 2007
Stephen John Smoogen <smooge at gmail.com>

On 3/21/07, Alfred von Campe <alfred at 110.net> wrote:
> I know this mostly depends on what is/will be done upstream, but with
> the recent announcement that Firefox 1.5.X will only receive updates
> until April 24, 2007, is Firefox 2.X in CentOS' future?

Well its up to Red Hat and the 1 Mozilla guy they have. If he says..
"Captain, she can't take no more patches..' then I guess they will do
a 'technology refresh' like they have done in the past with upgrading
Mozilla->Seamonkey. On the other hand, they may hire a bunch of people
to try and learn from Scotty and keep 1.5 going for 8 years.