[CentOS] segfaults with 8 gig of ram

Fri Mar 23 15:42:47 UTC 2007
tblader <tblader at flambeau.com>

Feizhou wrote:
<snip>

> Is the thing stable with 6GB without the kernel parameters? :D
>
> I am asking because someone else reports using an Abit KN9 without any
> acpi or apic related parameters and having stability.

I tried running with all 4 sticks and the dram clocked down to DDR-667
without the noapic and nolapic params and it hurled after a short time.
I was using the default BIOS settings originally (ddr-800) and started
with the kernel parameters, so I would say it was unstable at ddr-800
as well.

Right now, it's been running for about 40 minutes (the Java install
loop mentioned previously) with the dram clocked down to ddr-533.
All four sticks are in and I ssh'd in and started another java install
loop over the wire just to aggravate things.  If this continues to
run for a few hours I'll call it good enough.

I don't believe this to be a Kernel/Centos issue at all from what I've
learned, so thanks for all the off-topic support :)

Thomas

--

Flambeau Inc. Technology Center - Baraboo, WI
Email    : tblader at flambeau.com
Keyserver: http://pgp.mit.edu KeyID: 0x00E9EC2C