[CentOS] kickstart - how do I specify I20_block driver

Fri Mar 23 18:56:20 UTC 2007
Joshua Baker-LePain <jlb17 at duke.edu>

On Fri, 23 Mar 2007 at 11:46am, Karl R. Balsmeier wrote

> I have alot of kickstart and scripting going on as I provision lots of
> machines, and every now and then I run into a pesky machine or three that's
> still got that Adeptec zero-channel RAID card sitting on the board.  Normally
> I like to rip it our and throw something more robust in, but if it's a cache
> machine or whatever, I leave it in.
>
> It makes my kickstart file useless until I ask you, the list, how do I edit
> the kickstart file to tell the installer to add this driver and use it.  If I
> don't, I get an error that says roughly "no suitable disk devices found to
> install on".
>
> i'm calling kickstart like this (thanks to Joshua-Baker LePain's advice a
> while back)
>
> linux ks=http://192.168.my.webserver/serverx.ks ip=192.168.whatever.ip
> netmask=255.255.255.248 gateway=192.168.x.1 dns=my.dns.server.ip
>
> Is there a section I should edit just before this disks in the kickstart file
> are called to call and use the i20_block driver, or do I pass it as a
> parameter at the kickstart command line?

You may need to add 'nostorage' to the anaconda line above, and then you
can use either 'device scsi i2o_block' or 'driverdisk' in the kickstart
file.  Details on those options here:
<http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/enterprise/RHEL-4-Manual/sysadmin-guide/s1-kickstart2-options.html>.

--
Joshua Baker-LePain