[CentOS] segfaults with 8 gig of ram

Fri Mar 23 23:06:30 UTC 2007
Morten Torstensen <morten at mortent.org>

tblader wrote:
> Thanks.  I ran memtest86 off a knoppix5.1 cd for about 12 hours
> on all four sticks.  It made 6 passes and did not return any
> errors.  Perhaps I should have left it run longer?

I don't trust memtest86 for 64-bit mode kernels... I've seen examples of
it running just fine for days, when the kernel barfs after an hours
usage. It is just 2 machines, so not a large sample from my side.

Clocking down the memory helped in one case.

--

//Morten Torstensen
//Email: morten at mortent.org
//IM: Cartoon at jabber.no morten.torstensen at gmail.com

And if it turns out that there is a God, I don't believe that he is evil.
The worst that can be said is that he's an underachiever.