[CentOS] OT: RHCE Exam

Mon Mar 26 05:08:17 UTC 2007
Feizhou <feizhou at graffiti.net>

Shawn Everett wrote:
>> if you are good enough, taking the RH300 will ensure your pass. If you
>> do not take the RH300, you will likely get the RHCT if you do not pass
>> and you will get the RHCE the second time round...
>>

> This is something I wasn't aware of.  Are you saying that if I take the
> RH300 fast track course and do OK, at the very least I'll end up a RHCT?

If you are good enough to get the RHCE and i mean that you actually have
the required knowledge and skills, the RH300 will definitely set you up
for certification. When I took my exam, I went the RH300 route...I did
not know whether I had the stuff so I thought I'd just take the RH300
course to make sure. On the exam day, I met others who were taking the
exam but did not take the course. I asked one he was gambling on the
exam without taking the course. He pointed out that two exams were less
than the cost of the RH300 course/exam combo.

The RHCE is really pretty basic (or was anyway...did mine on RH7.1 five
years ago) and you don't have to memorized pesky command line arguments
or out of date and incorrect concepts like swap should be twice the
amount of RAM as you would if you were taking the LPI. I would encourage
taking the RH300 to learn a thing or two :). I certainly did when I did
mine. I almost got full marks (messed up the kernel name on the kernel
compilation...lame excuse is that i was too tired after four full days
on which i had to also conduct computer classes in the evening) and I
had practically zero work experience on Linux besides teaching Linux
classes. :P