[CentOS] OpenOffice 2.1 with CentOS 4.4 x86_64 doesn't work

Mon Mar 26 14:29:59 UTC 2007
David Mackintosh <David.Mackintosh at xdroop.com>

On Mon, Mar 26, 2007 at 03:48:05PM +0200, MOKRANI Rachid wrote:

> I removed the openoffice 1.1 release from my system (kernel 2.6.9) for install the full OpenOffice 2.1.
>
> But after trying to start the new soffice, nothing happen. (may be java problem ?)

I have seen this before.

http://wiki.xdroop.com/space/OpenOffice/2.1/Startup+Hang

Check your process table (ps -ef) for a (probably bunch of) running
javaldx processes.  Ifyou have them, what is happening is that
javaldx has found a java binary to run which requires that you accept
a EULA.  The java is trying to pop up the EULA so you can accept it,
but due to the way javaldx invokes it, the EULA pop-up never happens.

So either you can figure out how to make the java binary pop up it's
EULA so you can accept it (and if you figure that  out please reply
to the list so I can learn) or edit the soffice script and comment
out the call to javaldx (which will probably break other things
but so far my users have been happy with this "solution").

--
 /\oo/\
/ /()\ \ David Mackintosh |