[CentOS] Any compelling reasons to upgrade to 5

Mon Mar 26 17:04:04 UTC 2007
Kanwar Ranbir Sandhu <m3freak at thesandhufamily.ca>

On Mon, 2007-03-26 at 07:26 -0700, Joe Pruett wrote:
> > I'm looking forward to finding out whether Xen makes this possible in
> > CentOS 5 without VMware.
>
> i think i read that rhel4u5 will have xen in it as well.  i can't recall
> where i saw it.  might have been someone getting confused between u5 and
> rhel5...

It's not the full Xen - just a xenified kernel that will allow CentOS
4.5 to run seamlessly as a domU on CentOS 5.  Red Hat did this for RHEL
4.5 to make it easier for companies to move to RHEL 5.

I'm going to do the same thing.  Update to CentOS 4.5, and then change
my Fedora Core 6 dom0 to CentOS 5.  Once the CentOS 4.5 domUs are
running well, I can start moving them to CentOS 5 domUs (If I think it's
necessary)

Regards,

Ranbir

--