[CentOS] Complex sendmail alias handling.

Mon Mar 26 18:21:48 UTC 2007
Les Mikesell <lesmikesell at gmail.com>

Hugh E Cruickshank wrote:

>> A shared imap account/folder?
>>
>> Why aren't you doing this anyway? It's a good way for Freda to see what
>> Fred said on the previous shift.
>>

> Hi John:
>
> Thanks for your reply. That is a good suggestion but it probably will
> not "fly" in our instance. We are using Outlook for the MUA and, as
> far as I am aware, does not work with IMAP folders.

Yes it will -  just add a new account.  If it is set up to only use
exchange you might have to install a component for internet email access
(and some very old versions can't do both).

> Also the sharing of email accounts is not going to work either. We are
> a small shop with some overlap of responsibilities but it is not a 100%
> overlap and we still need some distinction between users.

Basically you would add a new mailbox for each set of messages and have
the appropriate people subscribe to it.  If you are using exchange,
you'd have the equivalent functionality in public folders.  With IMAP, I
think only Cyrus handles shared folders well.

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com