[CentOS] Question about rebooting and iptables rules persisting

Tue Mar 27 08:29:42 UTC 2007
Feizhou <feizhou at graffiti.net>

Roy Ong wrote:
> well if you followed the thread you will realize that the original
> poster said that he did indeed do an iptables save but that didn't help
> in his case. furthermore i did clarify to say that

The thing to do then is find out why he has a problem and not come up
with a less than optimal work around.

> "its not the safest way, but heck, I'm hoping it will work for you"
>
> i definitely AGREE that running the firewall rules till AFTER the system
> + services are up and running could be a potential hazard with a small
> period of vulnerability (few seconds) but having no other choice, a
> quick script to turn on the firewall rules at the very last is better
> than running nothing at all ... well, there are 2 sides to a coin and i
> definitely understand your concern, hence my little disclaimer within my
> original reply.

His problem is that the firewall is still locking him down. How can you
say then that he is running nothing at all?