[CentOS] Tape drive recommendations

Tue Mar 27 14:57:31 UTC 2007
Joshua Baker-LePain <jlb17 at duke.edu>

On Tue, 27 Mar 2007 at 10:48am, Mailing Lists wrote

> I have 15 or so CentOS servers (now v4.4, I will upgrade them all to 5 when
> it comes out) and a few windows machines.  I am looking to implement a
> network backup solution using Amanda.
>
> I will be backing up 200 gig or so to start, but that will grow.
>
> Does anyone have any recommendations on tape drives that will work "out of
> the box" with CentOS?

Most all SCSI tape drives will work with a minimum of hassle -- what you
go with depends mainly on budget and backup window.  I currently use both
AIT3 and LTO3, and like them quite a lot.  LTO3 is probably overkill for
you, but you may want to look at LTO or LTO2.

--
Joshua Baker-LePain
Department of Biomedical Engineering