[CentOS] NPTL degraded?

Wed Mar 28 18:03:09 UTC 2007
Lonny Selinger <lonny at bangtherockstogether.net>

> On Wed, Mar 28, 2007 at 09:09:49AM -0600, Lonny Selinger wrote:
>> Thanks again John. Just in case anyone else ever runs into this. I had
>> installed an app that mentioned that /lib/tls needed to be moved for the app
>> to run as is had a flaw in it. This was a quick install I found on a site
>> somewhere ... eventually (last night) I read the official documentation
>> which
>> specified that the flaw was in the patch provided quite a while ago for 2.4
>> kernels NOT the 2.6 branch.
>
> Never, ever, not even one, play with /lib :)
>
> Unless, of course, you enjoy stuff like self flagelation. Then again, it takes
> all kinds ... :)

LOL ... actually I play with lib lots. This time however I didn't do any
failsafes :/  like creating a "playground" account with static libs and it's
own LIBPATH in a little chroot env. Becasue it was a kick toy I figured "if it
chokes I'll rebuild it" ... all the while thinking "yeah but what would I do
to make it choke? every time I've monkeyed with things I've survived and
brought the box back from the dead" .... I should know to never get cocky ....
live and learn :D

"To mess up a Linux box, you need to work at it; to mess up your Windows box,
you just need to work ON it."