[CentOS] Tape drive recommendations

Wed Mar 28 21:05:31 UTC 2007
Mailing Lists <mlists at microreplay.com>

OK - Thanks for all the great advice!

Based on what I have read, I think I will build a backup server with
a big RAID array, back up to the array each night, and then copy the
array off to tape during the day.

To keep costs down, I think LTO-1 will work well with the RAID
array.  I don't mind running over to more than one tape per day.

Can I ask which drives everyone likes?

I found a Tandberg drive for the right price ($740 brand new).  The
drive is the Tandberg LTO1 220LTO (Tandberg part number 3120-01).

Does anyone have experience with this drive?

Are there other drives in this price range I should consider?

Who are your favorite vendors for this type of product?

Thanks again!