[CentOS] Complex sendmail alias handling

Wed Mar 28 21:24:34 UTC 2007
Hugh E Cruickshank <hugh at forsoft.com>

From: Les Mikesell Sent: March 28, 2007 13:42

> There's a method to this madness... If you first make them do the work
> because they are the only ones that know the appropriate contents for
> these files, then you will have their support when you point out how
> using a real trouble ticket system will make this work unnecessary.

I hear you but it is more of an uphill battle then it sounds like. We
already have an in-house developed system that has been refined for
years for our own use. It is highly integrated with our application
software for sales, support, distribution and development purposes.
The only things it does not really do is staff scheduling (which is
not much of a concern) and email response/tracking/routing.

I think I can prevail in proposing a new ticketing system but it will
be "tough sell". I will probably just start off with the email aspects
and then try and expand it after that.

Regards, Hugh

--
Hugh E Cruickshank, Forward Software, www.forward-software.com