[CentOS] Samba

Thu Mar 29 17:19:04 UTC 2007
John R Pierce <pierce at hogranch.com>

Dave K wrote:
> Okay, I had to go refresh my memory.  The command "chkconfig swat on"
> edits /etc/xinetd.d/swat to change the "disable" option,...

whoa.     Would someone care to explain how that works to me??   I
thought chkconfig strictly worked off the service files in
/etc/rc.d/init.d  and there's no file `swat`...  The man page on
chkconfig in centos4 only talks about the init.d services, no mention of
xinetd ...  the man page on system-config-services DOES mention xinetd
but doesn't give any clue how it works.   man system-config.services
references /usr/share/serviceconf/* but I don't see any such directory.