[CentOS] centos beta 5 right click on desktop

Fri Mar 30 05:34:54 UTC 2007
Mike McCarty <Mike.McCarty at sbcglobal.net>

Bart Schaefer wrote:
> On 3/13/07, Radu-Cristian FOTESCU <beranger5ca at yahoo.ca> wrote:
>
>> --- Jerry Geis <geisj at pagestation.com> wrote:
>> > Where do I control the order of that menu???
>>
>> You can not.
>>
>> Starting with GNOME 2.12, the terminal option has been removed from the
>> desktop context menu.

Is that what is in CentOS 5? If so, and CentOS 4 still has that on
the menu, then I probably will not be installing 5.

> I realize this is moving off-topic for the CentOS list, but:  What (if
> any) is the rationale for the desktop menu NOT being
> user-configurable?  Why shouldn't I be able to put anything in there I
> like?

I geuss they are afraid that newbies will shoot their feet off.

Mike
You have found the bank of Larn.