[CentOS] Re: centos beta 5 right click on desktop

Sat Mar 31 14:26:20 UTC 2007
William L. Maltby <CentOS4Bill at triad.rr.com>

On Sat, 2007-03-31 at 12:58 +0300, Thanasis Rizoulis wrote:
> O/H Scott Silva έγραψε:
> <snip>

> > BBAANNGG!!!!!!

> > OUCH!
> > ;-P
> >

> [slightly off-topic reply]
>
> Hehe, users' fate is not in our hands. An example at my work proves it:
> Average "would be 31337 H at xx0r" employee discovers loss of ethernet
> connection on his winblows machine.
>
> He rumbles the PC cables for some seconds to no avail and then heads to
> the company's rack. He starts pulling out all ethernet cables from the
> switch, in a vain attempt to locate and correct his network problem.
> Seconds later, company's employees emerge from their offices, yelling
> and running down the hallways complaining of unsaved data /frozen pc's /
> lost internet - you get the idea. 5 minutes later I receive a service call.
>
> So I say leave it as it is, Gnome people. Let them pay us more of their
> precious juice.

You might make more money in that company as a security consultant.
Spend days and days to come up with a suggestion for a cable closet with
a locking door, armor cladding optional if there is concern about
available fire axes being nearby. ;-)

--
Bill