[CentOS] Wait for 5 or just use 4.4?

Sat Mar 31 19:17:48 UTC 2007
Cen Tos <centos.admin at gmail.com>

On 3/31/07, John Summerfield <debian at herakles.homelinux.org> wrote:

> Yes, but don't get too carried away with that. atm one needs real RAM
> for each guest. On zSeries folk run guests in 64 Mbytes virtual, but
> their VM has been evolving for around 40 years, and it runs on damned
> good hardware.

The thing in my head is the idea of having lower priority sites in one VM
with 512MB and fewer but important sites on another with 512MB or more. That
way I could probably control bandwidth allocation better as well as not
worry about some runaway script or something bringing down the more
important sites. Or at least that's what I think the VM thing would benefit
me! :D

Plan for 5, it will probably be ready before you.

Hopefully! I'll be getting the hardware after this weekend and likely
throwing C5 Beta on it first and see how that works out.

> 2. Software that would be running on the server would include Apache
> > 2.xwith ASPx support, php
> > 5.x, MySQL 5.x, Exim, ProFTPD, Direct Admin (supposed to be developed on
> RH
>
> Do you know how to use Exim? If not, I suggest you settle for postfix.

Never touched it before, but that's apparently what DA will use by default.
So I sort of have to go along with it. Plus if I didn't misread it, Exim can
be setup to work with storing user accounts in sql db. I'm rather more
comfortable with adding email users using sql than with CLI.

Do check that any third-party stuff you might consider supports all
> these new releases. You do have the option of running C5 and C4 if
> necessary.

Together on the same machine?