[CentOS] Re: "No space left on device" but there is space

Wed Mar 14 23:48:53 UTC 2007
Peter Kjellstrom <cap at nsc.liu.se>

On Thursday 15 March 2007, Leonardo Vilela Pinheiro wrote:
> After trying to solve this for some hours, I guess to have reached the
> maximum file numbers, or maybe there is some hidden space filling the
> partition. I've just cleaned manually the yum cache, and /var went ok.

"df -i" will tell you if you're out of inodes.

Regarding where your space went, if it's not reboot-persistent then it was
probably a deleted file that some process still had open (use lsof or fuser
commands to dig deeper). If it is reboot persistent then two possibilities
are corrupt filesystem (run fsck) or data left "under" mount-points (unmount
to find out..).

good luck,
 Peter