[CentOS] Strange behavior in X, esp. VMWare Windows

Mark Hull-Richter mhullrich at gmail.com
Tue May 1 18:29:01 UTC 2007

On 5/1/07, Bart Schaefer <barton.schaefer at gmail.com> wrote:

> Do you have some sort of auto-update that runs overnight?

Not that I'm aware of.  It only happened that once, after a couple of
months of good behavior, so ... ???

> Is it out of place for all applications on that screen, or only inside
> the VMs?  I've had cases where multiple layers of translation (such as
> through VNC and then a VM desktop emulation) would cause the cursor to
> track incorrectly.  Usually the VM cursor "runs ahead" of the real X
> cursor, moving farther than it should on every gesture; I've never
> tracked this down, though I suspect some kind of mouse acceleration
> conflict.

It is off on all of them, and in fact the cursor doesn't do the normal
transformations on that screen but freezes occasionally.  E.g., when I
run over a hyperlink, it does not change to the little hand icon, and
if it is running the in-process icon (the one with the oval rotation
of dots while busy), that will sometimes also freeze.  If I run the
cursor back to the left side, it works fine once again.  Also, the
screen saver does not run on the right monitor, and it did before this
change.

I'll check and see what the Windows/VMWS mouse settings are and see if
that helps any.

--
Mark Hull-Richter, Linux Kernel Engineer
DATAllegro (www.datallegro.com)