[CentOS] 5.0: installing everything

Benjamin Karhan simon at pop.psu.edu
Tue May 1 19:58:27 UTC 2007

A little birdy told me that Jim Perrin said:

] On 5/1/07, Steve Thompson <smt at vgersoft.com> wrote:
] > I realize that the @everything packages option is now gone in CentOS 5.0
] > (ix86 and x86_64), but my experiments to date don't show how to
] > practically simulate the same effect (and I have a good reason for doing
] > so). I want all packages, all languages. If one installs from CD, and
] > selects all packages and options, the resulting anaconda-ks.cfg file does
] > not have a complete package list.
]
] Since you can now add additional repositories at install time, how do
] you define 'everything' install?

i, for one, would have been satisfied with an:
		"everything from the Base respository"
  option... which would have included all the packages from the Base repo...
basically, the what i wanted fulfilled was something approaching
  the same "final product" as "Everything" from the 4.x series installer...

B. Karhan
simon at pop.psu.edu
PRI/SSRI Unix Administrator