[CentOS] Can't get resolution higher than 1280x1024 - Centos 5

Akemi Yagi amyagi at gmail.com
Wed May 2 00:07:36 UTC 2007

On 5/1/07, Paul <unix at bikesn4x4s.com> wrote:
> On Tue, May 1, 2007 10:26 am, Akemi Yagi wrote:

> > I have the same monitor 204T and I use a KVM switch and I am getting
> > 1600x1200 on CentOS 5 x86_64.  But in my case it is analog because my
> > switch does not have the DVI. :(   Do you see the same problem even if
> > you connect directly?  Or is this a KVM switch issue?
>
> It's directly to the DVI, the rest are anolog, through the KVM.  So it
> looks to be a DVI issue.  Hum.

Paul, I could reproduce your problem.  I installed C5 x86_64 with the
SyncMater 204T directly connected through the DVI.  The monitor was
not identified.  And even when I selected a generic LCD with
1600x1200, this resolution never appeared as an option.

The same C5 did not have this behavior when the monitor was connected
through a KVM switch (analog).

Hope we can find a fix for this issue.

Akemi

P.S. Maybe one of us would have to send our hardware to Jim for testing... ;-)