[CentOS] Re: New lists

Bob Goodwin - W2BOD bobgoodwin at wildblue.net
Wed May 2 15:25:08 UTC 2007

Bisbal, Prentice wrote:
> Scott Silva wrote:
>
>> Jim Perrin spake the following on 5/1/2007 4:14 PM:

>>> Anyone still using a modem is indeed a poor sod The rest of the
>>> intarweb doesn't seem to care about modem folk anymore either. We're
>>> just doing what all the other kids do :-P
>>>

>> What's a modem? ;-P
>>

> There are still people in Northern New Jersey (less than 30 miles from
> New York City), who still have no choice but to use a dial-up modem. I
> was talking to one of them last night.

We live about thirty miles West of Norfolk, VA and all that's available
is dial-up.  The cable company wanted $6000 to provide service, a matter
of a few hundred yards/meters.  Our only option is satellite service
which works better than dial-up but not as good as the cable company
service I had in Florida.

Bob Goodwin   Zuni, Virginia