[CentOS] Virtual Machine Manager DNS resolver

Daniel de Kok danieldk at pobox.com
Wed May 2 21:58:50 UTC 2007

On Wed, 2007-05-02 at 23:37 +0200, Jordi Espasa Clofent wrote:
> I'm trying to install CentOS 5 as a domU in a CentOS5 dom0 system and I
> use Virtual Machine Manager to do it.
> I've dumped all CentOS5 CDs contents in /var/www/CentOS to make a local
> http media source. It works fine in dom0 browser.
> When I arrive in "Locating installation media[*]" step I point out to
> http://localhost/CentOS (which is perfectly active and available)
> resource, but the application always responds the same: Error, HTTP
> resource not available. I've also tried  with http://127.0.0.1/CentOS
> but I get the same error message.

Please remember that dom0 and domU are different systems that just
happen to share the same hardware. So, both dom0 and domUs have their
own loopback interface, from domU 127.0.0.1 is its own loopback, and not
that of dom0. So, you should enter a IP address that the domU can use to
talk to dom0 (like a valid IP address on the network that both domains
are on).

-- Daniel