[CentOS] Good things about CentOS 5; problem with flash in seamonkey

Mark Hull-Richter

mhullrich at gmail.com
Wed May 2 22:07:13 UTC 2007

I'd like to point out that overall I am quite pleased with CentOS 5,
although I am having more fun with it than I did with 4.4 and I knew
less about CentOS then (duh).

Most things seem to work fine, including a relatively smooth
installation from the DVD image I downloaded, although the number of
screensavers I can see (and this could be related to the ATI/dual head
problem) is pathetically low - there are only 5 or six.  Phleagh.  I
had no trouble reinstalling the border theme I had before, and
although I don't particularly like the new main menu construction, it
makes sense enough to be not too unworthwhile.  I'm curious about how
the suspend function works, how to reactivate (nothing seemed to work)
and, most importantly, how to get it OFF the main menu.

Anyway, I reinstalled Seamonkey 1.1.1, and it landed flawlessly,
although I had to look to find the x86_64 version.  It came without
any plugins, as usual, but I have tried reinstalling the flash player
plugin, and it just won't work, not even with nspluginwrapper
installed.  Is there some trick to this that I need to know (and
what?)?

Thanks.

--
Mark Hull-Richter, Linux Kernel Engineer
DATAllegro (www.datallegro.com)