[CentOS] rsync problems on windows

Russ rsivak at istandfor.com
Wed May 2 22:39:34 UTC 2007

I'm not running any firewalls AFAIK.  I disabled mcafee, but the error persists.  I even tried a different os (win 2003, no firewall, no antivirus) and I'm still getting the same problem.  Any way to troubleshoot?  I tried wireshark, but I all I are are encrypted packets and a rst at the end from the client.

Also the error pops up intantrneously, no timeout.  It then hangs until I ctrl-c out of it.

Ssh works fine btw.  I can use it and get a shell.

I looked at the rsync.c file, but couldn't locate that error text anywhere.  Is that an error from rsync or ssh?   Is there a way to tell it not to use ssh to eliminate it as a problem?

Russ
Sent wirelessly via BlackBerry from T-Mobile.