[CentOS] Good things about CentOS 5; problem with flash in seamonkey

Mark Hull-Richter mhullrich at gmail.com
Wed May 2 23:43:06 UTC 2007

On 5/2/07, Mark Hull-Richter <mhullrich at gmail.com> wrote:

> Well, let's see now.  I have this:
>
> /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/libflashplayer.so
> /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/flashplayer.xpt
>
> Which is pretty much what I had before, except before I also had the
> nspluginwrapper and its associated libraries and binaries.  On my
> machine at home, which is running CentOS 4.4 Plus with the i686
> seamonkey (and where the flash player actually runs, though without
> sound, I have these:
>
> /usr/lib64/mozilla/plugins/npwrapper.libflashplayer.so
> /usr/lib/flash-plugin/libflashplayer.so
> /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/libflashplayer.so
> /usr/local/seamonkey/plugins/libflashplayer.so
>
> So maybe I'll try restarting seamonkey after I link to its plugin
> directory here, but that doesn't explain why firefox also cannot see
> it.

Fascinating - all I needed was the link, for seamonkey, that is.
Firefox still does not handle flash movies.

Now, why doesn't the rpm do that when it installs the player?

Never mind, I'll probably be at fault for that one, too.

Cheers!

--
Mark Hull-Richter, Linux Kernel Engineer
DATAllegro (www.datallegro.com)