[CentOS] java

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Thu May 3 15:27:10 UTC 2007

Matt Martz wrote:
>> I'm looking for a mostly-RPM way to get tomcat and opennms installed on
>> Centos.  I have one working, but I'd rather not have to repeat that
>> process.
>
> You can always use the jpackage yum repo.
>
> You can follow these steps:
>
> http://www.tummy.com/Community/Articles/tomcat-centos/
>
> However I have found the following to be easier:
>
> http://members.cox.net/midian/howto/flex+tomcat3.htm#3.2
> http://members.cox.net/midian/howto/apache+tomcat+mod_jk2.htm

I know it can be done the hard way, but I'd like something that (a)
takes care of the weird alternatives double-symlink stuff correctly
(whatever that might mean) and (b) will subsequently pick up updates
with a normal 'yum update' like the rest of the system.   I set up the
jpackage version (and repo) a while back but now it won't update because
some dependency is missing.

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com