[CentOS] Email client shortcut

Ioannis Vranos

ivranos at freemail.gr
Sat May 5 23:23:35 UTC 2007

Under SL 4.x GNOME, when I assigned a button shortcut for Email (the
"Mail" button of my Microsoft Internet Keyboard), the default email
client (thunderbird) was launched.

Under CentOS 5.0, Thunderbird is launched as "thunderbird -compose %s"
(defined in GNOME "Preferred applications"). This has as an effect when
I press the email shortcut a compose new message window opens, and not
the thunderbird main client. If I erase the "-compose %s" part, it has
as a side effect that when I click on an email web link under firefox,
it doesn't open the compose window but the thunderbird client. Any nice
fix on this, other than choosing between the two?

Thanks.