[CentOS] Re: Anaconda doesn't support raid10

Ross S. W. Walker rwalker at medallion.com
Wed May 9 15:40:42 UTC 2007

I figured out how to create interleaved LVs on the install, it is a
little PITA though.

Start the install, create all your RAIDs and VGs and LVs as before, and
move on to the next step, once they have been committed and formatted
before the package installation, reboot and start over.

Then when you get to the partitioning section, select "Custom" and go
back to that screen.

Then jump to tty2 (or serial console) and start the shell, go into lvm,
by typing 'lvm'.

Within lvm you will need to remove the existing LVs with:

lvremove <VGname>/<LVname>

for each LV created, swap, root, etc.

Then re-create the LVs with:

lvcreate -L <size in MB>M -i 2 -n <LVname> <VGname>

Do it for each LV, the -i 2, says interleave (strip) it across 2 PVs.

Once that's done you can then hit the <Back> button and then go back
in to 'Custom' to have it refresh the setup. Just choose to format
each in their types and move along.

Remember to choose 'Custom Layout' each time so you don't fubar your
hard work!

-Ross