[CentOS] Oracle instantclient on CentOS 4.4 with DBD::Oracle

Matt Martz

mdmartz at gflug.net
Wed May 9 18:47:00 UTC 2007

Does anyone have experience on installing the Oracle instantclient and
DBD::Oracle on CentOS 4.4.

I have been having several issues with getting the RPMs from Oracle's site
working with DBD::Oracle.  I can get the oracle instant client to install
without issue.  But I cannot compile/install DBD::Oracle using cpan or
cpan2rpm.

I found http://freshrpms.net/docs/oracle/ which has a nosrc rpm for the
oracle instant client but I cannot find the ZIP files that are referenced
in the SPEC file as Oracle has released a new version.

When I try to build perl-DBD-Oracle-1.16-4.el4.src.rpm from that page it
errors out...When I try to install perl-DBD-Oracle-1.16-4.el4.i386.rpm it
says it cannot locate the .so files that the instantclient installed
although I know they are there.  I am not sure where that package is
assuming the files should be so I cannot symlink them.

Any assistance would be wonderful.

Thanks!

--
Matt Martz