[CentOS] Suggestions for partition

Andreas Micklei andreas.micklei at ivistar.de
Thu May 10 08:28:37 UTC 2007

Am Mittwoch, 9. Mai 2007 schrieb alfred at von-campe.com:
> That's why I can't decide what the best approach is.  So many different
> ways to skin this cat.

If at all possible play around with the system for one or two weeks before it
goes into production. Try different setups, run benchmarks, reinstall and try
again. Optimizing the system once it is deployed will be much harder.

Things to try: Different RAID levels, different stripe sizes, different
filesystems.

Use your own benchmark! I.e. if this is a build system do a few heavy compiler
runs in parallel.

--
Andreas Micklei
IVISTAR Kommunikationssysteme AG

Handelsregister: Berlin Charlottenburg HRB 75173
Umsatzsteuer-ID: DE207795030
Vorstand: Dr.-Ing. Dirk Elias
Aufsichtsratsvorsitz: Dipl.-Betriebsw. Frank Bindel