[CentOS] building cobbler on centos (added info)

Karl R Balsmeier karl at klxsystems.net
Thu May 10 22:48:31 UTC 2007

Karl R Balsmeier wrote:
> Is it difficult to build cobbler on Centos or should I just go with
> Fedora on this one?
>
> Basically, if you have experience succeeeding at this, can you drop me
> a link to a Howto or describe the issues?
>
> I am only writing this because I tried, and ran into quite a few
> dependency issues with upstream/downstream packages, and would rather
> concentrate on just getting a nice working Cobbler (and Puppet too for
> that matter).
>
> Not looking for responses for the sake or responses per se, -i'm happy
> to do what's needed, but not seeing any repos for it either so....
>
> -krb

basically what's the Centos equivalent of the commands:

Installation/Build For RHEL4:

    * wget
      http://www.python.org/pyvault/centos-4-i386/python-cheetah-0.9.18-1.el4.pyv.i386.rpm
    * wget
      http://www.python.org/pyvault/centos-4-i386/python23-cheetah-0.9.18-1.el4.pyv.i386.rpm
    * rpm -i python*cheetah*.rpm
    * wget http://cobbler.et.redhat.com/download/cobbler-$version.src.rpm
    * rpmbuild --rebuild cobbler-$version.src.rpm
    * rpm -i /usr/src/redhat/RPMS/noarch/cobbler-$version.src.rpm