[CentOS] Enhancing the mouse support

Steve Berg

sberg at mississippi.com
Sun May 13 16:38:25 UTC 2007

I've been looking around for info on how to enhance the mouse support in
a newly installed CentOS5 system and all I've managed so far is to get
more confused.

It seems that the "evdev" driver is a necessary tool but to compile that
requires an xorg SDK which I can't even find.  I've probably used up
more than my fair share of Google searches for the weekend on this one,
thought I'd ask and see if (hopefully) I'm missing something truly
obvious and simple.

The end result I'm looking for is to be able to map the extra buttons on
my trackball to whatever event I'd like it to do.  So for instance
there's an extra button next to my left mouse button that I'd like to
map to a double click event.