[CentOS] Trying to install CentOS 4.4 as a domU

Jordi Espasa Clofent

sistemes.llistes at intergrid.cat
Mon May 14 20:03:28 UTC 2007

Hi all,

Few days ago I installed a CentOS 5 domU on a xen-box with CentOS 5 dom0
also. All worked fine; I used virt-install assistant and I created a
local http repo for increase the process speed.

I've tried to do the same with CentOS 4.4 domU, but always I get an
error relationated with unavailable HTTP resource.

It's curious... so I downloaded the x86_64 complete DVDs for 5 and 4.4
releases and I put all their containts into a local http server. I've
not any problem when I use the http://local_ip/5_repo/ resource, but I
always get the commented error if I use the http://local_ip/44_repo

¿Why?

Obviously I've checked the DVD integrity for several times. My local
http repos are exactly the same than the public http repos shows.

--
Thanks,
Jordi Espasa Clofent