[CentOS] CentOS 5 + Xen + cpuspeed

Maciej Zenczykowski

maze at cela.pl
Mon May 14 22:37:01 UTC 2007

Hey,

I know xen doesn't really support cpu frequency scaling... but... I still
need to have it working.  Running at max speed on a laptop simply doesn't
cut it.  I'd be okay with any solution that would allow me to manually set
the cpu speed (intel core duo) probably from within domain 0.

Has anybody messed around with this?  I've found some patches (rather
trivial) that apparently enable cpufreq to work on dom0 in xen for amd
cpu's.  Anybody know of a ready-made solution for intel?  or do I have to
roll my own kernel patch/compile/etc (and figure out what and where to
patch)...

Cheers,
Maciej