[CentOS] Make Raid1 2nd disk bootable?

Les Mikesell

lesmikesell at gmail.com
Tue May 15 22:12:11 UTC 2007

On earlier versions of Centos, I could boot the install CD in rescue
mode, let it find and mount the installed system on the HD even when it
was just one disk of RAID1 partitions (type=FD).   When booting from the
centos5 disk the attempt find the system gives a box that says 'You
don't have any Linux partitions'.  At the bottom of the screen there is
something that says:
  cl->raidtype=5 rd_type=1
<TAB><Alt-Tab> between elements cl->raidtype=5 rd_type=1 <F12> next screen
But there is no way to access the bottom part.  If I hit the OK button
and get a shell I can mount the partitions myself, but then when I
chroot to the mounted system there are no devices in /dev.  What's the
right way to install grub on what was /dev/sdb in the original install
but is now the only disk and moved to /dev/sda?  The old /dev/sda is no
longer there....

--
    Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com