[CentOS] Re: Login problem on CentOS 4.4 GDM

Scott Silva ssilva at sgvwater.com
Tue May 22 23:33:12 UTC 2007

Mark Hull-Richter spake the following on 5/22/2007 4:23 PM:
> I have just restructured my system (repartitioned the main disk to
> separate /home from /) and I am now getting this error when I try to
> log in as a non-root user:
>
> Your session only hasted less than 10 seconds.  If you have not logged
> out yourself, this could mean that there is some installation problem
> or you may be out of disk space.  Try logging in with one of the
> failsafe sessoions to see if you can fix this problem.
>
> I can log in via ssh or as root, but I don't know what to fix.  Since
> I can log in via ssh, I am assuming that I have enough disk space
> (there's plenty everywhere), so I'm thinking a config problem, but
> what?
>
> Thanks.

How did you copy the files from the old /home to the new /home partition?
Did you preserve permissions and links (soft/hard)?
Most login info for non-root users is stored in their home directories.

--

MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and