[CentOS] Re: clamav error

Jan-Frode Myklebust janfrode at tanso.net
Wed May 23 10:02:50 UTC 2007

On 2007-05-16, Indunil Jayasooriya <indunil75 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Now it is okay,  But , is it a good idea to leave selinux disabled ?

Nope.. Not a good idea for clamav, as that program is touching
lots of rouge binaries, and it very recently had a remote hole.
I think we had the same problem as you, and it was caused by the
freshrpms-rpm not putting the /var/clamav where the selinux
policy expected it to. We fixed it by:

	# stop clamd
	semanage fcontext -a -t clamd_var_lib_t "/var/clamav(/.*)?"
	restorecon -R /var/clamav
	# start clamd

This tells adds a rule saying that files under /var/clamav should
be labeled as clamd_var_lib_t, and then the restorecon command
sets this label on all files under there.

  -jf