[CentOS] Help me in building a initrd*.img in CentOS 5 for Intel SATA driver.

Shreenidhi Nidugala

shreenidhi at qantom.com
Wed May 23 13:10:55 UTC 2007

Hi All,
 Can anybody help me in building a initrd*.img in CentOS 5 for Intel
SATA driver.

More Details:

I have a driver package downloaded from the Intel Web site:

http://www.intel.com/support/motherboards/server/s3000ah/index.htm

It is for an Intel motherboard S3000AH using the embedded RAID
controller. We need this driver to work with CentOS5.

 I'd like to get help with the following:

-          Compile the attached driver package against a standard
CentOS5 kernel and provide a driver module.

       -          Description of the procedure on how this is done.

Thanks in Advance,
Shreenidhi