[CentOS] CentOS5 and VMware

Lamar Owen lowen at pari.edu
Wed May 23 16:53:25 UTC 2007

On Tuesday 22 May 2007, centos at 911networks.com wrote:
> I have the 6 CDs for CentOS 5, and I have installed it on a couple
> of computers without any problem.

WMware will allow you to use ISO's directly instead of having to use real
CD's.

For multiple ISO use, when you get the insert next CD messages, you just
change which ISO the CD points to.  It has been a while since I've done this,
so I don't remember if you need to put a disconnect before the swap and a
reconnect after the swap, but that may be the case.

Unless you just WANT to download the DVD iso you don't have to; it's just a
little more work to do it with 6 iso's.
--
Lamar Owen
Chief Information Officer