[CentOS] Squid +Yum = apt-cacher?

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Fri May 25 16:10:53 UTC 2007

Matt Shields wrote:

>> But that's a per-box per-repo specific change, with per-distro, per-repo
>> variations for the end users to figure out for themselves. And then it
>> won't fail over at all if the url you pick goes away.  Aren't computers
>> supposed to work for you instead of the other way around?
>
> Sigh!!!!! Why do people insist on doing things the hard way and insist
> on doing it over and over.  As explained in the previous post of mine,
> I have a local repo, I use pxeboot with a kickstart file.  There is
> one kickstart per distro, per version.

So you had to copy everything and set this up for every disto and
version everyone at a location wants to use?  I guess we have different
ideas of what is the hard way to do things.  Things that pull though a
caching proxy don't take any pre-arrangement about the content.
But thanks for posting your files - I'll probably set up something like
this for Centos 5 in several locations even though I still consider it a
workaround for a design flaw.

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com