[CentOS] Where to find RHDS (Red Hat Directory Server) ?

Luciano Rocha strange at nsk.no-ip.org
Mon May 28 10:12:06 UTC 2007

On Mon, May 28, 2007 at 05:04:32PM +0800, Wei Yu wrote:
>  Hi!
>
>  In the release notes it is said RHDS will replace OpenLDAP.

It says OpenLDAP will be deprecated in the next release *after* RHEL 5.

> However, I can only find OpenLDAP in  CentOS5.

I also can only find OpenLDAP in RHEL5.

>  I tried to google the web but it returned
>  nothing useful. Does anyone know about this? Thanks.

AFAIK, RedHat Directory Server is sold, and may have some parts that
haven't been open sourced yet.

But there's Fedora Directory Server, that I've been using:
http://directory.fedoraproject.org/wiki/Download

There's also a new package being developed in extras. You'll require:
- fedora-ds-base
- icu
- svrcore
- mozldap
- perl-Mozilla-LDAP
- nspr
- nss

The installer in that package is ds_newinst.pl, and requires a file
argument with something like:
  [General]
    FullMachineName=`hostname`
    SuiteSpotUserID=nobody