[CentOS] Problems setting up legacy NVidia card

Akemi Yagi amyagi at gmail.com
Mon May 28 15:40:01 UTC 2007

On 5/28/07, Niki Kovacs <contact at kikinovak.net> wrote:

> Where has my original xorg.conf (the long version) gone? Is there a way
> to get it back somehow? And where does this new - and severely truncated
> xorg.conf file come from?
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> Niki

Your monitor is probably not being identified by X and therefore X is
not using appropriate parameters.  Certain monitors have a bug which
causes delivery of incorrect EDID information to X when probed. But
this is rather rare. Start looking at /var/log/Xorg.0.log and find
what was probed and found.

Try also selecting the correct model for your monitor in KDE or gnome.
 If it turns out automatic probing does not work and you cannot
manually select the monitor either, you would need to disable the
probing step ("UseEDID" "False" ) and enter your monitor's
specifications and other options such as resolution in the xorg.conf
file.

Akemi