[CentOS] Audacity 1.2.6 on CentOS 5

Akemi Yagi amyagi at gmail.com
Tue May 29 03:03:33 UTC 2007

On 5/28/07, Andy Goss <aegoss at vicnet.net.au> wrote:
> On Saturday 26 May 2007 22:00, centos-request at centos.org wrote:
> >
> > Has anyone managed to install Audacity 1.2.6 on CentOS 5.0 x86?
>
> I have the same problem, and have been haunting the DAG Red Hat/Fedora RPM package > listings waiting for an RHEL 5 package for Audacity. I could presumably use the FC6 RPM, > but I would prefer to stick with RHEL/CentOS.

As I wrote earlier on this thread, I rebuild audacity 1.3.2 on CentOS
5.0 x86_64 from the FC6 src.rpm.  Once you get all library files to
fulfill dependencies, running rpmbuild was rather trivial.  The only
tweak I needed was to edit the .spec file and change:

BuildRequires:  wxGTK2-devel
BuildRequires:  wxGTK-devel

I am cc'ing this message to Dag hoping he can add audacity for el5 to
his repository when he has the time.  But he will be busy at LinuxTag
for a while, I'm afraid.

Akemi
(toracat at irc.freenode.net)