[CentOS] Where to find RHDS (Red Hat Directory Server) ?

Wei Yu zig.wei at gmail.com
Tue May 29 03:13:29 UTC 2007

Could you give more details? I am not familiar with PAM.
I know it can use some "plugged" auth methods to do some job, but I do not
know which plug is suitable.
What I want is just like Richardson's remarks. I want to use two auth
methods for web users and users who can have a shell, which the former will
care less about the security of the password. e.g. two different passwords
for them.
I do want to know if there are better solutions.

Regards,
Wei Yu

On 5/29/07, Les Mikesell <lesmikesell at gmail.com> wrote:

> configuration
> >>
> >> Speaking of apache, is there some reason mod_auth_pam or some variation
> >> isn't standard in distributions where pam is the system authentication
> >> method?  Shouldn't you configure PAM instead of every individual
> program?
> >>

> > I typically like having my website auth separate from my system auth -
> > more often than not, the web users have nothing to do with the people
> > that administer the machine
>
> PAM provides different authentication and account schemes, so you can
> easily check passwords for things like web services without providing
> login accounts. Or, if it is an intranet providing many services for the
> same set of users you can combine them if you want.  The point is that
> it gives you a common way to configure authentication/authorization and
> to combine multiple methods, like using local accounts in addition to
> one or more network schemes.
>
> --
>   Les Mikesell
>    lesmikesell at gmail.com