[CentOS] GFS: Howto - Help/ Inconsistent - Wiki Volunteer?

Karl R. Balsmeier

karl at klxsystems.net
Tue May 29 18:51:59 UTC 2007

Hi, I am using this document along with the following links to try and
assemble a GFS set of mahcines:

   1.

      Log on as the root user.

   2.

      Run up2date --installall --channel Label for Red Hat Cluster
      Suite. The following example shows running the command for i386 RPMs:

      # up2date --installall --channel rhel-i386-as-4-cluster

   3.

      (Optional) If you are installing Red Hat GFS, run up2date
      --installall --channel Label for Red Hat GFS. The following
      example shows running the command for i386 RPMs:

      # up2date --installall --channel rhel-i386-as-4-gfs-6.1

-finding little or no information on google or centos site using good
search keys, I reverted to using the following Centos RPMs:

http://mirror.centos.org/centos/4/csgfs/x86_64/RPMS/

which I set in my repository by:
You can add the csgfs repository to your yum configuration by
downloading the CentOS-csgfs.repo file and putting it in your
/etc/yum.repos.d/ directory:
http://mirror.centos.org/centos/4/csgfs/CentOS-csgfs.repo

and my issue is that adding packages one by one, I see other -kernel
names like:

cman-kernel <http://mirror.centos.org/centos/4/csgfs/x86_64/RPMS/cman-kernel-smp-2.6.9-45.8.x86_64.rpm>, <http://mirror.centos.org/centos/4/csgfs/x86_64/RPMS/dlm-kernel-2.6.9-42.12.centos4.x86_64.rpm>
dlm-kernel <http://mirror.centos.org/centos/4/csgfs/x86_64/RPMS/dlm-kernel-2.6.9-42.12.centos4.x86_64.rpm>
gnbd-kernel <http://mirror.centos.org/centos/4/csgfs/x86_64/RPMS/gnbd-kernel-largesmp-2.6.9-9.46.x86_64.rpm>

I simply went with:  GFS-kernel-smp-2.6.9-58.2.centos4.x86_64.rpm
<http://mirror.centos.org/centos/4/csgfs/x86_64/RPMS/GFS-kernel-smp-2.6.9-58.2.centos4.x86_64.rpm>

Is this the right package -anyone want to make a GFS on Centos 4.5 HOWTO
for use on the Wiki?

-karl