[CentOS] centosplus :: php5 + mysql4 :: possible?

Lucas Chan lucas at sitepoint.com
Tue May 29 23:55:12 UTC 2007

On 29/05/2007, at 9:34 PM, Jim Perrin wrote:

>> MySQL4 is already installed.  The goal here is to -not- upgrade to
>> mysql5.
>
> This used to be possible. However with the RHWAPS rebuild, it no
> longer is. This requirement was an upstream decision that we copied.
> The choice was made to go with their requirement options rather than
> build multiple copies of packages, each with different install/build
> requirements.

OK, thanks Jim.

It would be good if there was a php-mysql4 package, but oh well.

I think what we're going to have to do, and this probably suits our
requirements a little better anyway, is to build our own RPM of PHP5
and then create our own repository for our servers to grab it from.

This is not such a bad option I suppose because we can configure it
exactly the way we want.

Thanks again.

LC.