[CentOS] Where to find RHDS (Red Hat Directory Server) ?

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Wed May 30 12:44:15 UTC 2007

Wei Yu wrote:
> Yes, that is what I want to do. But a little difference is that I want two
> different auth layers (one less frequently used than the other), not one.
> Only one layer is not enough, but one for each application are too many.
> I want a trade-off between security and convience, for some of the users
> always like to store their common used password carelessly. However, I do
> not know if I am going on the right way.

For apache only, look through the mod_auth_* modules documented here:
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.0/mod/. (or 2.2 if you are running
Centos5).   mod_auth_dbm is fast for a single machine - if you have a
network farm you'd probably want LDAP.   There are also other 3rd party
modules.  Here's a discussion of mod_auth_pam that I found with google:
http://rc.vintela.com/topics/apache/mod_pam/

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com